Chicken Fried RicePosted: February 28, 2012
So can we just start off by saying that BEN IS THE WORST BACHELOR EVER.
first off all..hes not even that good looking
second of all..REALLY BEN. COURTNEY..I have a feel shes going to win and therefore I am never watching the bachelor again
okay I’m done I just had to get that out
So last night I made some Chicken Fried Rice and it was DEELISH
First I sauteed cut up chicken tenders in about 1tbsp sesame oil and a coupe sprays of cooking spray over high heat
In the meantime I got together the rest of my ingredients
Snap peas, grated carrots, broccoli, and scallions and cilantro for toppings
Once the chicken has browned for a few minutes, push the chicken to the outside of the pan and add in the broccoli, carrots, and snap peas
note: I need a bigger pan. Anyways..stir around the chicken and veggies for a few minutes
Then add in a tbsp of roasted red chile paste. I am seriously obsessed with this stuff!
Stir the chili paste around, and then add in about 1/4 cup soy sauce and about 4-5 cups cooked brown rice. (I always buy the boil-in-a-bag stuff..not the best but super convenient!) Stir all the around and make a little whole in the middle for the egg
Crack and egg into the center of the pan and stir to incorporate
Once the egg is cooked through, turn the heat off and the fried rice is done!
I like to eat mine with cilantro scallions and hot sauce
SO good and good for you too!
Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 3-4
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken tenders, (about 8) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup snap peas, roughly cut
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florlets
- 1 1/2 cup shredded or grated carrots
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cups brown rice,cooked
- 1 egg
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions
- In the meantime, in a skillet or wok over high heat cook the chicken in the sesame oil for about 3 minutes
- Move the chicken to the side of the pan, and add in the carrots, broccoli, and snap peas.
- Stir the veggies and chicken around for about 3 minutes
- Add in the red chili paste and soy sauce. Stir to combine
- Add in the brown rice, and incorporate.
- Make a whole in the middle of the pan and crack the egg into the whole. Whisk around for a minute and then incorporate.
- Once the egg is done cooking, after about 1 minute, the fried rice is done!
- Serve Immediately!
Optional Garnishes: Cilantro, scallions, peanuts, hot sauce, lime wedges
Oh and another annoying thing that happened to me yesterday..I walked all the way to the gym (okay its only like a 8 minute walk) and I get there and the class I wanted to take is FULL! The girl in front of me in line was the last girl they let in. RUDE
So instead I walked home, and went for a 3 mile run instead. And it was awesome so it made up for the fact that I couldn’t take the class at the gym
Alright, time to go get dressed and go to starbucks for some studying before I hit the gym!
And Nanny, (I know you’ll be reading this), I’ll be using your starbucks giftcard to get my coffee this morning! can’t wait!
Question for ya!: Have you ever tried making fried rice at home?
I have a few times and I think it taste better than the fried rice they serve in restaurants! I also feel better about eating it when its homemade:)