Breakfast for DinnerPosted: March 6, 2012
So do you want to see my little’s room I decorated yesterday?!
ta da!! on the bed were different ADPI shirts, and lots of candy and other goodies! Amanda (my little) texted me after saying she loved it which made me really happy:) Tonight we are going out for “family dinner” at my favorite restaurant homegrown! Bigs, G-bigs, and littles all together! (wow sorority talk sounds reallllly dumb looking in from the outside lol) oh well!
Moving onto last nights dinner
I have eggs for dinner on numerous occasions for several reasons:
1. I love eggs
2. it is a SUPER easy and filling meal to make
3. We get pretty lazy about going grocery shopping (actually we all just have NO time) so its pretty much the only option for dinner on multiple occasions
but for whichever reason..I still love eating breakfast for dinner!
So last night I made a Goat Cheese and Veggie Fritatta!
- 2 cups egg whites (I would guess its around 8 or 9 egg whites)
- 2 cups mixed veggies (whatever you have..I used peppers, mushrooms, and spinach)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saute pan spray cooking spray and cook the veggies over med-high heat for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to med-low and pour in the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese over the top.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes on top and place the whole pan in the oven for 5 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Serve warm!
The perfect meal for college students who may only keep some eggs and random veggies in the fridge..
along with some beer and boxed wine
Time to go study for my exam tomorrow..
I hope everyone has a great day!
Question for ya!: Do you like eating breakfast foods for dinner?
I love breakfast foods for dinner! Eggs are my favorite choice but I also love oatmeal and cereal for dinner..its weird cause when I was younger the idea of breakfast foods for dinner was so unappealing!