Coconut Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesPosted: June 26, 2012
or almost afternoon?..I only woke up about a half hour ago which I NEVER do..i guess my body was craving extra sleep from my weekend
a few weeks ago I was kindly offered a $25 coupon from the guys Swanson
Swanson has so many amazing food products it was hard to decide but I picked a few that i had been meaning to try: coconut flour, coconut butter, and liquid stevia
after a previous baking fail with these ingredients I was determined to redeem myself by making a special treat for my best friends birthday!
Coconut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 2 dozen 2 inch by 2 inch cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. (If your oven offers convection bake that is the best option to set it to!)
- In a bowl melt the coconut butter and regular butter.
- Next stir in the brown sugar and granulated sugar until fully incorporated.
- beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix until combine.
- Slowly stir in the whole wheat flour and all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- With a wooden spoon stir in the shredded coconut and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Align 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and scoop the cookie dough so the cookies are about 2 inches apart on the sheets.
- bake for 12-13 minutes, until cookies are slightly golden brown.
these are SO good. The coconut butter adds so much coconut flavor in the cookie and makes them extra chewy and gooey
my mom (who isan’t normally a huge fan of sweets) loved them and said they reminded her of an almond joy, my brother who claims to not like coconut loved them, and my best friend Sam who I made them for also loved them and ate about 3 of them 🙂 Sucess!
happy 20th birthday to my best friend since 4th grade (give or take a few fights during carpool back in the day..:)
love you so much!!
go make these cookies for a friend or just for yourself..and did I mention how amazing the cookie dough tastes?! GAH.
i hope everyone has a great day!
Question for ya!: Have you tried any of these products?