WIAW-delicious summer eatsPosted: July 11, 2012
before the eats lets talk about the FITNESS part of WIAW this month!
yesterday morning i went for a run with my mom and dogs at Wellesley college..it was PERFECT running weather, not too hot and gorgeous out!
this was taken on our run..duke and lucy are water rats..and how gorgeous is this picture! i absolutely love running the 2.5 mile loop at wellesley college!
speaking of work outs lately you may have noticed that i’ve been neglecting my work out log
there are a few reasons behind this
1. my work outs this summer are usually 3 days a week at my gym which is a small personal training gym I go to with my mom when I’m home. So 3 times a week I do strength training based work outs with some high intensity cardio and boxing thrown in.
2. on the days I don’t go to the gym I either do work outs from pinterest, go running with the dogs, or swim laps in the pool. Sometimes i do a combination of both
3. having a work out log is good at holding myself accountable, especially when i’m at school. However,i feel like i let myself down if i don’t work out 6 times a week every week. Sometimes life, work, and other factors get in the way and I’m learning to accept the fact that its okay to have more than one rest day a week. I love to work out (obviously) but sometimes i’m either too tired, or i consider being on my feet for 7 hour shifts at the restaurant a work out. i run around like a crazy person on busy nights sweating in my long sleeve black shirt and jeans work uniform.
yes they make us where a button up black shirt and jeans in the summer heat..did i mention i work at a restaurant that has a huge outdoor patio? ya not fun.
now after my rant we can move onto the best part, the FOOD
after my run i made an EPIC yogurt bowl
in the mix
- plain greek yogurt (the rest of the container used as my make shift bowl!)
- a dollop of raspberry greek yogurt
- blueberries from the farmers market
- strawberries from the farmers market
- sliced peach from the farmers market
- sliced banana
- oatmeal flakes (from trader joes)
all mixed up
i wish I could buy fresh produce at the farmers market year round..it is SO good. i could eat this same breakfast every day for the rest of the summer and be perfectly content
i worked the lunch shift at the restaurant (from 11am to 3pm) so i didn’t eat lunch until around 3:30 when i got home. I. was. famished
a big bowl of leftovers from Sunday nights dinner: sauteed veggies, blackened tuna, and mango, pineapple, avocado salsa
followed by some chocolate chippys
my mom made the YUMMIEST dinner.
we started out with a simple tomato, onion, and avocado salad
i just sliced up a few tomatoes, half an onion, an avocado, and tossed it all with salt, pepper, and light italian dressing. the perfect summer salad!
for dinner my mom made a delicious pasta dish with homemade tagliatelle pasta (bought from the farmers market) with sauteed peas, mushrooms, asparagus, in a creamy lemon sauce
amazing. topped with lots of shaved fresh parmesan cheese..gah SO good. to make the sauce creamy my mom used marscapone cheese. i couldn’t begin to eat all this pasta..mainly because i had lunch so late…but it was so delicious!
see handful of chocolate chips above + some more fruit!
i also had some strawberries that i didn’t snap a picture of..i’m a fruit eating maCHINE
my FAV night time snack
sorry for the terrible iphone picture..did you know its hard to take a good picture of cereal while its in a dark mug? well it is..in case you were wondering #blogproblems
in the mug was some trader joes oatmeal flakes (have you tried this cereal?! SO good!) , blueberries, and almond milk
i enjoyed this mug while watching the new teen mom episode..yes i watch teen mom..probably the WORST show ever but whatever. i’ve also watched like 3 episodes of Chopped in a row..and i don’t even really like the show
boredom at its finest
i hope everyone has a great day!