Five things FridayPosted: July 27, 2012
1. Wednesday was my best friend Molly’s 21st birthday, so Tuesday night we sat around and ate cake, and Wednesday night we went out in Boston to celebrate
the 21st birthday girl
the one wearing the glasses celebrating her birthday in true 21st birthday fashion (your welcome Molly for sharing this picture on my blog)
there was dancing, kareoke, and celebratory birthday shots
i think we all kinda thought we were celebrating our birthdays too…
2. yesterday I wasn’t feeling to great (note birthday celebration above) but knew i wanted to get in some form of work out. So I decided on swimming laps in my pool
rocking my moms speedo
I swam 60 laps and in between each 10 I did 10 pull ups on the diving board
my friend Lindsay gave me the idea for this work out but said she normally does 100 laps..uhhh 100 laps?! that would take me a year
probably not but there was no way I was swimming 100 laps yesterday..
3. I made a delicious OMM for lunch
3 egg whites with sauteed mushrooms, spinach, and a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese
alongside some leftover roasted sweet potatos and siracha sauce. I eat omm’s (omelets in case you’re confused..) all the time at school
4. guess what i had for breakfast this morning..
overnight oats! its been a LONG time since I’ve made myself a batch
in the mix
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- drop of stevia extract
topped with some raspberries, blackberries, banana, and a little drop of almond butter.
this breakfast was eaten after a kick-ass work out this morning at my gym. Just think LOTS and LOTS of burpees, squats, lunges, push ups..
my response after I was done with the work out blinded by my own sweat “that was awesome”
during the work out however I wasn’t exactly thinking that..
5. this was my snack when I got home from work at 11pm last night
cottage cheese, grapes, some ceaser dressing, and a few crackers
for some reason i was craving cottage cheese..uhhh how weird is that?! I know a lot of you must be cringing at this odd combination but i promise it tasted really good
when i was younger by go-to snack was a bowl of goat cheese, grapes, croutons, and ceaser dressing
nope not kidding.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!