its finally September (and pumpkin spice is back at starbucks EEK) so time for a new WIAW theme!
this month’s theme is about setting goals to try and establish healthy habits for the month (and hopefully continued on throughout the winter!)
I’m not normally one for setting goals, but in the spirit of WIAW i guess i’ll go ahead and list a few!
- not skipping my Friday 9am class (failed at this one last week but I’m going to hold myself accountable from now on..damn you thirsty thursdays lol
- Plan work outs for the week and stick to them! I know this summer I neglected my work out log but at school it works best for me to plan ahead for the week so I hold myself accountable! So click here if you want to see my work out’s for the week!
- Try new recipes! (the amount of recipes I have bookmarked is insaneee) already doing well at this one! (see below)
- try to only eat out once a week..this doesn’t include my bagel a week on the weekends 🙂
I’ll post these same goals every week and keep you updated on how well I’m doing!
now onto yesterday’s eats!
hot oats and coffee are making a come back!
starbucks blonde roast with almond milk and truvia
1/3 cup rolled oats cooked in 2/3 cup almond milk and one sliced banana..topped with maple almond butter and cinnamon sugar grinder from Trader Joes!!
I got busy reading for class and then realized I had about 10 minutes to get dressed, make lunch, eat lunch, and leave for class..
so the fastest thing I could think of was a turkey wrap
in the wrap went turkey, hummus, honey mustard, lettuce, and avocado..all of which I inhaled in approximately 3 minutes but it was tasty!
I always come back at 3:30 on tuesday’s and thursdays starving because I have class from 12:30-1:45 and then another class from 2:00-3:15
my second class is actually Jazz Dance so its not a bad work out!..and maybe that’s why I come home so hungry!
I had 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese with red grapes and some trader joes crackers on the side
after this i also had a small piece of leftover vegetable frittata
1 hour of kickboxing that KICKED my booty. (thank you Lindsay..) I actually looked like I had just taken a shower after the class was over..tmi? maybe.
One of my goals is to try new recipes so tonight for dinner I made Eat, live, Run’s spinach and feta turkey burgers
with some roasted veggies on the side and I topped my burger with avocado and sriracha
the burgers were SO delicious..I will definitely be making them again! my mouth was also on fire but I do it to myself with my sriracha addition so its all good
and I also have to mention Jenna’s book White Jacket Required..I pre-ordered it off amazon and read it in 2 days. it is definitely a MUST read and filled with a bunch of delicious recipes!
apple microwaved and topped with cinnamon sugar and maple almond butter. I will be repeating this for the next several nights in a row.
part 2 was a rice cake with peanut butter which I failed to take a picture of..clearly I have a nut butter addition!
time to go to my first class of the day!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Question for ya!: Do you normally set goals for yourself? If so, what are some goals you have for the upcoming month?
1. So for whatever reason when I’m at school I get on a crazy overnight oat kick, or just oatmeal kick in general..note my past 2 breakfast’s
OOIAJ=overnight oats in a jar
RIP to this jar..definitely my favorite Justin’s almond butter yet..it literally tastes like frosting..i don’t know how else to describe how magical this is
in the mix
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 up plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sugar free raspberry preserves
I wish I left more almond butter at the bottom of the jar 😦 It was just too good I couldn’t resist eating it by the spoonful
this mornings overnight oat creation
overnight oats are what gets me out of bed in the morning..that along with coffee
in the mix
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- topped with justin’s maple almond butter..on sale at target for 5 DOLLARS. I should of stalked up.
2. Yesterday’s lunch was a delicious turkey wrap
in the wrap went turkey, plain hummus, avocado, roasted veggies, spinach, and goat cheese..placed in the panini press (literally the best thing to have in your kitchen..especially as a college student!) eaten alongside a few berries and 1/2 a banana
3. I think yesterday was my first time trying Oikos brand flavored greek yogurt
I picked this up at the store with one of my coupons I got in my Swag Bag at HLS. It was really good but I still prefer chobani 🙂
4. Dinner last night came together in about 10 minutes thanks to some meal prep and a delicious marinade!
i cut up chicken tenders into small pieces and marinaded them for about 3 hours. Marinating chicken makes SUCH a difference in the flavor!
i cooked up the chicken in a pan and then removed the chicken and cooked up some veggies in the same pan with the remainder of the marinade
stir fry’s are the best healthy and easy meal..I normally make about a stir fry a week at school
eaten over brown rice (we bought a big pack of the microwaveable brown rice at costco which has 2 servings per container..perfect for Molly and I to share!) and topped with sriracha sauce of course
5. So totally not food related I am SO SORE. I took a Step and Sculpt class at my gym yesterday and it was really really really really hard. like really hard. I don’t think I’ve ever sweat so much in my whole life (yes I exaggerate ALL the time but i promise this time is no exaggeration). I’m hoping to make it to body pump today but I don’t know if my body is up for it! we shall see
6. and also not food related..TGIT..thank god its thursday!
yes I have a 9am class tomorrow and yes I still plan on going out tonight because I’m a junior in college and that is what I like to do
and also.. 3 DAY WEEKEND. let the fun begin!
I hope everyone has a great day!